Leading People & Teams
Great managers understand that there is a direct link between employees who take an active interest in what is happening in the business and the achievement of business results. Thus, the challenge for the great manager is to ensure that employees remain engaged and focused. You need to determine ways of motivating employees to take an active interest in what they can do to perform their jobs to the highest level and deliver on the agreed targets. When you do this effectively you become a great manager.
What will it do for me?
This highly practical programme provides a structured and supportive approach for increasing self-awareness, building and maintaining positive workplace relationships, identifying everyday challenges and developing strategies and techniques for managing effectively. On completion of the programme, you will:
- Understand the role of team-leader/frontline supervisor/manager and the capabilities required to execute this role successfully
- Develop an awareness of your own management style
- Effectively plan and manage your time and workload
- Develop your communication skills with the ability to plan ahead, actively listen, influence others and build positive relationships
- Learn how to manage challenging workplace behaviours
- Be able to develop and lead a high-performing team
- Know how to problem-solve and make difficult decisions in management
- Understand the role of management in leading on change and implementing organisational strategy
What is it?
- Delivered over 6 one-day sessions
- QQI Level 6 certification available
- Max. 12 participants per programme
- Suitable as both an open and in-house programme.
Who is it for?
Team leaders, frontline supervisors and people managers.
How much does it cost?
The subsidised cost of the programme is €1,000 per person. This includes all training, mentoring, course materials, lunches and refreshments.
Is it time to develop your people management skills?